What is SafeLandUSA?
SafeLandUSA is a volunteer organization comprised of major and independent operating companies, industry associations, and educators with the purpose of
developing a standardized orientation which sets minimum requirements for the
US Onshore E&P Industry.
In the Oil and Gas Industry, Operators share a common Contractor workforce. After years of requiring contractors to complete separate but very similar safety orientations for each Operator, a group of Operators came together to create a standard safety orientation that would be accepted by each of them, thus saving time and resources. In 2005, SafeLandUSA Advisory Group (SLAG) was formed to develop and implement the SafeLandUSA Orientation. The popularity of SafeLandUSA as the preferred orientation for the Onshore Oil & Gas Industry continues to increase yearly.
Why Participate in SafeLandUSA?
- Orientation designed specifically for the US Onshore E&P Industry
- Consistent EH&S orientation which is industry recognized and widely accepted
- Orientation remains with employee throughout career
- Quality assurance through an audit program and oversight committee
- Eliminates redundancy of multiple orientations
- Ease of access to acquire orientation
Onshore Oil & Gas Contractors (25 Employees or Less)
Onshore exploration and production contractors with 25 employees or less that use SafeLandUSA have a 425% lower Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) versus contractors of the same size that do not use SafeLandUSA.
All Onshore Oil & Gas Contractor
Onshore exploration and production contractors that use SafeLandUSA have a 211% lower TRIR on average versus contractors that do not use SafeLandUSA.
PEC Safety’s Role
PEC Safety is one of three accrediting organizations involved in SafeLandUSA. Our Basic Orientation (8 hour) and Core Compliance (24 hour) were the first courses in the industry to be accredited by SafeLandUSA. PEC Safety houses the industry database for SafeLandUSA. All SafeLandUSA records are available to verify through our free tool, PECCard.com.
Note: If you think you have taken SafeLandUSA but cannot find your record on PECCard.com, you do not have SafeLandUSA.
Acquiring SafeLandUSA Through PEC Safety
PEC Safety Offers Three Ways to Acquire SafeLandUSA
- Find a PEC authorized trainer in your area: PEC has hundreds of authorized professional trainers around the country that can supply your company with SafeLandUSA. To find a trainer in your area, simply go to www.pecsafety.com/map and select your state. All PEC authorized trainers and facilities are audited to make sure they meet PEC’s and SafeLandUSA requirements and all training is consistent across the country.
- Become an authorized PEC trainer: For companies that have an in house trainer, PEC offers a train the trainer in our PEC Basic (8 hour) and PEC Core Compliance (24 hour). Both courses are accredited by SafeLandUSA. This option allows you to train on your schedule and at your own facility. For more information about PEC’s Train the Trainer, visit www.pecsafety.com/become-a-trainer.
- Have your in-house safety orientation accredited: As an accrediting organization, PEC has the ability to accredit your existing safety orientation as SafeLandUSA.