The federal deadline for offshore oil and gas companies to implement Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) plans is just one week away. To help the industry address the new rigorous safety deadlines, PEC Premier is offering a range of services.
PEC provides contractor safety evaluation to some 30 offshore companies, including 20 that have signed on with PEC in just the last year. In order to meet this customer demand, PEC has made improvements to its online database system, making the system significantly faster, more user friendly and focused on putting the right safety information at the fingertips of its customers.
“The SEMS regulations are a significant new set of new rules that face the offshore oil and gas industry,” said PEC Premier President Wes Carr, “the operators and contractors we work with are pushing as hard as they can to meet this deadline and implement effective safety improvements. We want to make sure we are doing our part to help the industry comply.”
For operators, PEC has redeveloped its online standardized safety questionnaire and training tracker to provide the tools they need to evaluate their contractors safety and training programs. Additionally, PEC offers the following services to help contractors meet the SEMS needs of the oil and gas operators:
- SEMS training for offshore oilfield workers – Working in partnership with Moxie Media, PEC Premier has developed awareness-level training in SEMS for contractor personnel who work offshore. This training is based on recommendations from industry working groups that urged SEMS training for personnel and it follows the SafeGulf curriculum for SEMS training. It is available in either DVD or online computer based training formats.
- SafeGulf training - PEC trains outside instructors to teach the one-day Basic and three-day Core safety training that meets the requirements of SafeGulf. Most offshore oil and gas companies either require or recommend contractor personnel go through SafeGulf before they go offshore.
- Verifications of contractor written safe work practices – SEMS requires that oil and gas companies verify that contractors have written safe work practices. PEC Premier’s desktop verifications help meet this key government requirement.
- SEMS workshops for contractors – Through a structured process, PEC helps contractors understand their customers’ needs under SEMS, including the development of their own safety and environmental management systems plan, if that is a customer requirement.
- PEC Premier Training Tracker – The online training tracker, a requirement with some oil and gas companies, allows contractors to upload training records and documentation onto the PEC database. This allows them to make this information available for operators when it is needed, without having to devote staff time to continually manage these records internally.
For more information on PEC Premier’s services contact Ken Wells at email@example.com or (800) 892-8179.